So here we are, right at the very end of 2016 and what a year it has been! We have had an absolute blast sending our first four boxes: we’ve been lucky enough to work alongside the loveliest authors and craftspeople and we’ve made so many new bookish friends. We are super excited to get started on what promises to be an unashamedly bookish 2017.
We are so excited to announce that we are SOLD OUT of our January Immortal Stories themed box and would like to say a massive welcome to all of our new members! To help us celebrate the arrival of 2017 we have a Happy New Year discount on our February box for anyone who likes their box to be a complete surprise! We will announce our February theme (with a Book Box Club theme reveal trailer) next weekend but until then you can head over to our website for a cheeky 5% off by typing in BOOKISHNEWYEAR at the checkout. Who doesn’t love a bit of mystery? And what better way to kick of your new year’s resolution to read more books? Right now, you will just have to trust us that the book we are including in our February box is absolutely brilliant, Kate and I were so excited when we finished reading the ARC and we know that you are going LOVE it!
As we look back over 2016, we thought we’d round up proceedings by revealing what was inside our December Magic by Night box…
Thank you to all of our lovely members for keeping the contents of the box on the down-low, so we didn’t spoil any Christmas surprises. We knew that we could count on you to keep the secret safe! We are pretty sure that everyone has opened their boxes now, so here it is…our Magic by Night box…
* Bone Gap by Laura Ruby: A dreamlike tale of a small town and of Finn – a beautiful moon-faced boy – who witnesses the kidnapping of feisty Roza, by a faceless man. But as Finn fails to describe Roza’s captor and the people of Bone Gap refuse to believe his story, Finn realises that he is the only one who can save his friend. www.lauraruby.com
* Magical Notebook by Fable & Black: A gorgeous bookish notebook designed by Nottingham based crafter Fable & Black and adorned with a J.K. Rowling quote. www.fableandblack.co.uk
* Magical Iron-On Patch by Rosie Wonders: Pledge your allegiance to all things magical with one of two pretty patches made by one of our favourite London designers, Rosie Wonders. www.rosiewonders.co.uk
* Throne of Glass Wish Bracelet by The Woodland Folk: A Christmas wish bracelet inspired by our favourite Sarah J. Maas quote and created exclusively for Book Box Club by The Woodland Folk. www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheWoodlandFolk
* Unicorn Pencil by Lucy Made Me: Because Book Box Club are big believers in unicorns! www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LucyMadeMe
* Washi Tape by Unwrap Colour: Adding a little bit of magical glamour to everyone’s Christmas wrapping this year! www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UnwrapColour
* Bookish Goodies: Some bonus reading material in the form of The Memory Book by Lara Avery, plus a chapter sampler and postcard. With thanks to our friends at Quercus, Usborne and Hot Key Books for these special extras.
This box was a real pleasure to put together, finding all of these lovely items felt like we were Christmas shopping for all of our most bookish friends, PLUS we got to work with some wonderfully talented and super friendly people who made curating this box so much fun.
Bone Gap is a really memorable book, I have been thinking about some of the vividly drawn scenes ever since I put it down and Kate and I can’t wait to chat with you all and with Laura Ruby in 2017 at our members-only Clubhouse meeting.
Do keep all of your unboxing pictures coming and remember to tag us in them, we’d hate to miss them.
Happy New Year, everybody and here’s to a very bookish 2017!
Libby & Kate